Cute Nail Designs for Beginners
These are quite easy to do, but you do need to buy some nail stripe strips to make it a simple and quick beauty task. If you can’t get them locally, you can buy them online from any nail accessories/beauty web-store.
You can try with bits and bobs you find around the home, but they won’t stay in place. (I know because I tried with cotton thread and that didn’t work at all!) Nail accessory stripe-strips are specially treated to make them lie flat and still on nails while you paint over them.
How to do checked nails
- Start with a matte white base on your nails. (Matte polish always dries faster than other types and peels less.)
- When the white nail polish has dried, place the special striping tapes on your nails using eyebrow tweezers in a horizontal and vertical checked pattern.
- Next apply the colour of your choice on top.
- Finally, remove the strips to reveal a fabulous geometric pattern on your nails.
- Wait until the varnish is dry and then seal with top coat.
This quick and clear video demo shows how to do a super-trendy ombré colour on your checked nails, too!
Checked Ombré Nail Polish Designs
Pink, black and silver-glitter nail design
Here’s another great new look that caught my eye today.
- Prepare your nails with a base coat and then apply pink nail polish.
- Then you need to draw on a black tip which actually reaches half-way down the nail.
- So you can either do this with a black felt-tip pen or with black nail polish and a fine-tip brush.
- Fill in the black shape and leave to dry.
- Next layer up the glamour factor with a few silver dots in the black section.
You can use a plastic tipped bobby-pin or a wooden toothpick as your DIY dotting tool.
- And finally, take a toothpick or fine-tip brush and apply a fine line of glittery silver polish around the curved black edge, where it joins the pink section. Leave to dry.
- Seal with a top coat and that’s it!
Watch the video demonstration here:
Easy Beginners’ Nail Designs for Short Nails
I’ve done this look today, but with a red base colour, black tips and gold dots and glitter and I love it!
Hope you have fun with these new looks!
And here are 10 cute nail designs, enjoy.