Nail Tutorials for the ‘Catching Fire’ Look!
I’ve just watched the Hunger Games II movie, Catching Fire and am so excited about the fabulous nail art in there! (And the spectacular visual effects, the suspense and just everything about it!)
So I’m going to be wearing the amazing new nail look you can see demonstrated below in the video.
But if you prefer a straight step-by-step how to, read on!
How to Get ‘Catching Fire’ Nails
- A small makeup sponge
- Base coat
- Red nail varnish
- Orange nail varnish
- Gold glitter nail varnish
- Black Sharpie pen (or other fine-tipped pen)
- Top coat
- Prepare your nails with ridge filler, if necessary, and then a good base coat.
- To do the red and orange ombre base, paint red and orange next to each other on a hard surface, like a bit of old plastic or something else that doesn’t matter.
- Then take a small makeup sponge and press it carefully onto the red and orange nail polish.
- Transfer that straight to your nails and apply the sponge to get the two-toned red and orange effect.
- Don’t worry about getting nail polish on your skin. Just take a cotton bud, dip it in nail varnish remover and clean the area around the nails, while you’re waiting for your nails to dry.
- Then use a Sharpie marker pen to draw on the design free-hand. This is a lot easier than any other method! Even the jay bird is easy and the video shows how to do that, too.
- When your ink designs have dried completely, add a few dabs of gold glitter nail varnish.
- And then all you need to do is apply the top-coat to seal your fantastic ‘Catching Fire’ nail art design!
And to see all of that in action from two more ‘Catching Fire’ fans, watch this fabulous video demonstration!
CATCHING FIRE Nail Tutorial – Super Easy (Ghetto Tips & Tricks)
And if you love the flaming fire look, here’s another video that shows how easy that is to do with just a paper clip and some nail polish!
THE HUNGER GAMES CATCHING FIRE NAIL ART TUTORIAL
I can highly recommend the movie that has inspired today’s nail tutorial, so if you haven’t seen it yet – go as soon as possible! Even on IMDB, the current voting is 8.2 out of 10 which makes it a 4-star movie and I’m sure that score will rise after more people see it and add their votes.